Friday, January 27, 2012

Canning Jar Ring Wreath

As I mentioned in a post last week, I have been a little addicted to making wreaths lately.  (Click here to see more.)  I have been "seeing" wreaths in all I do.  So when I was making spaghetti a few days ago and opened up a jar of canned tomatoes, the ring for the canning jar just jumped out at me.  It is round, like a wreath, and little and cute!  I was so excited to try it!



I began by using white tulle.  I cut strips of the tulle into 12 inch pieces.  I then tied them in a double knot around the ring, sliding them tight together and lining up each knot with the previous knot.  I found I liked the underside of the ring the best.  See here...

I did this all the way around the ring.  It was very quick work - actually only took a few minutes!  I cut one strip of tulle several  inches longer than the others to use to hang the wreath.

I found this cute ribbon for $1.00 for a spool of 4 ft. at Wal-Mart.  I used a hot pink polkadot on light pink ribbon, a light pink with hot pink ladybugs, and a glittery polkadot ribbon.  I cut these in shorter strips and tied them around the knot of the tulle. 


The hot pink ladybug ribbon inspired me to add a few more details.  I used my Cricut and cut a 3 inch "Love Bug" phrase and a 3 inch ladybug.  These shapes are from the Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge.  I glued the cut-outs onto just a couple strips of
ribbon to hold it in place.



It is only about 10 inches in diameter.  The small size, with the pink ladybug ribbon and the "Love Bug" wording all goes together so well.  It is adorable, if I do say so myself! 



12 comments:

  1. Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I wondered where you were going with this post....as you talked about wreath making and then on to making spaghetti....lol. I love it! I wish I had seen this idea back this summer when I was doing my son's wedding party. I would have made some plain white tulle ones and added them into fresh greenery swags. How pretty that would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. They would be beautiful for a wedding. I thought laying them flat and putting a candle of vase of flowers in the ring would make a beautiful wedding centerpiece too. Thanks for reading my stuff! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  3. So adorable. It would look good in my granddaughter's room. And cute laid on a table with a votive cup in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think they would make beautiful centerpieces for a wedding.

      Delete
  4. Neat idea! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea! I can totally see them as wedding centerpieces (like mentioned above). Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I have everything for this and am going to make one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I loved your Link so much you are being Featured on Gomhp Today stop over and see <3

    Brooke
    http://www.getouttamyheadplease.com/2012/02/features-from-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for featuring me today! I loved your other picks too! So many good ideas! :)

      Delete
  8. This is darling! and to think it is made from a canning jar lid. Very cool. I am a new follower. Perhaps you'd like to follow me also? Take care, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete