Saturday, January 21, 2012

Peaches & Cream French Toast Recipe

Look what I made my family for breakfast today...



 Isn't it lovely? 


I found the recipe in the October 21, 2011 issue of All You magazine.  (I really like that magazine!)
Here it is...

  • 1 8-oz. loaf French bread, sliced
  • 8 large eggs
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 15 oz. cans sliced peaches, packed in juice, drained
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

1.  Butter a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.  Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish. 

2.  In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar, and vanilla until blended;  pour over bread.  Arrange peaches on topand sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

3. Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.  Preheat oven to 350.  Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat.  Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.  Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.


Claire loves to help in the kitchen!

The Peaches & Cream French Toast was fast and easy.  I love recipes that you make the night before!  I love to wake up in the morning knowing I have something ready (or almost ready!)  Try it with a cup of coffee for a cozy winter breakfast treat!

3 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy. I get the all you magazine as well and must have missed this recipe. So glad you have it written here for me to try!

    Thanks for linking up at creating home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am SO going to make this! Forget this silly diet I am on for at least one day. Thank you so much for this post! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I am making this tomorrow morning for sure!!

    ReplyDelete