Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tulle Rosette Wreath

With Valentine's Day behind us, I needed some spring decor to brighten things up around here!  I decided to use tulle and make small rosettes to pin on a wreath.  I had never done this before and wasn't sure what it would look like.



I began by using a straw wreath and left the plastic wrap on it.



I cut tulle into strips, about 10 inches long.  I then wrapped the tulle around my finger, tucked the end up inside the bottom of the rose, and used a straight pin to attach it to the straw wreath.  I used straight pins that had a pearl at the end and I like how it looked.  The pearl peaking out of the middle of each rosette looks just like the middle of a real flower. I used several colors: green, white, hot pink, light pink, lilac, and a second type of lilac tulle that had sparkles in it. The colors all together do look very springish!





The rosettes look like spring flowers or even Easter eggs.

There are 188 rosettes on this wreath.  I enjoyed the project - I worked on it a little bit on several different nights.  I would get the kids in bed then spend a few minutes watching TV with my husband while I worked on it a little at a time.  It was a rather relaxing process.



I ended up hanging it on the back of the white rocking chair on our front porch.  I love how it looks there.  It is really a bright spring welcome for guests approaching our front door.  This part of the porch is covered so I think the wreath will be safe from weather.

9 comments:

  1. Super cute!! so creative! come link on my parties on Tuesdays :) It is still open :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! Pinning this! Thanks for sharing at Trendy Treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty!! I love the colors you used! Great job! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath. The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And tulle is so cheap this probably cost so little to make!

    Wendymacdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!

    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out so cute! Love the colors. Pinning! :) Would love to have you link up to my {wow me} wednesday party going on over on my blog.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/02/wow-me-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. this cute and looks like a lot of work with all of the little tulle roses. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling. And I love the way you photographed it on the porch chair. Thank you so much for sharing this on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. Please do come back again next Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete