Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scrabble Art

I decided to make a Scrabble art wall hanging for my sister using the names of everyone in her family.

I got a 12x12 shadow box from Hobby Lobby. I took the glass top off of the shadow box to make the design inside.

I got a brand new, still sealed in the box Scrabble game at Goodwill! Yay!!
I glued a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper on the inside panel of the shadow box.
I then made 7 fabric rosettes in a cream color and added pearls to the middle of each rosette.
To see how to make the rosettes click HERE.
I glued the 7 rosettes onto a corner of the shadowbox panel in an overlapping group.

I then arranged and rearranged the Scrabble letters to spell her name as well as her husband and children's names.  I tried several arrangements until I found one that I liked.



I hot glued the letter tiles on the panel.

I used the letters to the spell the word "Family" along the fabric rosettes.  I hot glued them on.




I used one of the wooden letter holders from the game to spell their last name. 
(I faded it out here for privacy reasons.)  I like how their last name is at the top of the display.


I think it turned out pretty good.  I like the straight lines and perfect wooden square shape of all of the Scrabble tiles in contrast with the softness of the rosettes.  I'm excited to experiment with more Scrabble art in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have been obsessed with scrabble ideas lately. I am working on a set of magnets for my children to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so CUTE!!! I love it! I love how you put it in a shadow box so it could have some dimension to it!! Thanks for sharing this too at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have commented on this, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring your fun scrabble art at today's link party!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/03/thursdays-temptation-link-party-10.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete