Monday, May 14, 2012

Reusable Drink Labels with Chalkboard Paint



Materials Needed: 
  • Chalkboard Paint
  • Old playing cards
  • Hole puncher
  • Scissors
  • Hemp, Baker's Twine or String
  • Mason Jars
  • Chalk
  • Paper Straws

I had some random playing cards floating around so I thought I'd make 'em cute and put 'em to good use.  I laid them outdoors on a piece of cardboard...

...and I spray painted them black with Rust-oleum Chalk Board spray paint.

I then allowed them a couple hours to dry.

I used a hole puncher to punch holes (one at each end) in each playing card.  I then attached a string of hemp, pulled the ends through the holes, and tied them in knots sticking out of the front of the cards.


I then used chalk to write names on the cards, slipped them around mason jars, and added these cute red and white paper straws. The straws were purchased from Mindy Mae's Market.



Ready for a yummy summer drink!

After use, the labels can be slid off the jars, erased, and saved for the next get-together!



Be sure to enter the giveaway going on right now for a $20.00 gift certificate for Thirty-One Gifts.  Thirty-One Gifts has unique purses, totes, lunch bags, thermal bags, organizers, and more that can be personalized!  Click HERE for more details!

13 comments:

  1. I'm a huge upcycle/repurpose fan and I think these are a great use of turning something old into something new...and super cute! I would love for you to share it over at a party I'm co-hosting this week: http://sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com/2012/05/co-host-linky-party-with-lines-across_13.html

    Hope to see you there!
    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I saw your idea through My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia and love it because I recently became into upcycling. Thanks for posting!
    earthlyashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Definitely will have to remember this for future parties/get togethers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I have a few parties coming up too. Must make these!

    I'd love for you to share over at my link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, very cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing the DIY (and your great photos) with us! I saw your post over at "Tatertots and Jello".

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I cute idea!!! I love it! What a great use of chalkboard paint! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I never knew there was such a thing as chalkboard paint! I would love for you to share this at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/05/share-it-link-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute--love the straws too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way cool! Very clever! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share...featuring these in tomorrow's party! Also pinning away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! We always have issues with which drink belongs to which child, it creates such funny problems with our kids! This is the perfect solution! Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff" Saturday! We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete